1. We have 4 months, that’s it.
Hillary has promised that, given the chance, she intends to attack Iran. Since every intelligence agency on the planet agree Iran is not developing a bomb, and every historian understands they have not attacked anyone in more than 200 years, her statement is reckless and counterproductive. Iran is backed by Russia and China, both armed with nuclear weapons.
We do not need a trigger-happy president at this time, not with World War Three on the table. Hillary demonstrated when serving in the Obama administration she is willing to buck the Pentagon, military intelligence and roll the dice. Her stubborn military aggression in Libya frustrated our allies, alienated former friends, delighted many of our enemies and cost precious resources and American lives. She is a loose cannon.
2. “By tilting the race left on economic issues, Sen. Sanders will make Hillary Clinton a stronger candidate in the General Election.”
3. “What Hillary Clinton did to Libya is a crime on a scale rivaled only by the crimes of the Bush administration in Iraq – and there is a definite parallel in the methodology of the criminals.”
4. “An argument can easily be made that Bernie’s entry into the contest for the Democratic nomination could be a blessing in disguise for Hillary…”
5. When electing the next leader of the most powerful nation on earth, we need to seriously consider our options. I appreciate Bernie’s socialist stance, but he condones Israeli and American aggression. He has voted to support all of Obama’s military excursions, wherein we are using U. S. troops to enforce corporate ambitions abroad. He is a fan of illegal drone warfare as well.
6. And frankly, while we know Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton lean right… Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are not all that progressive.
7. And Warren, who has no traction in any case, supports Israeli bombings which are responsible for needlessly killing thousands of civilians and hundreds of children. Not good judgement.
8. Bernie cannot beat Hillary for the nomination. He crippled his candidacy by running as a Democrat. Besides supporting the Blue Dog war agenda, he said very clearly he WILL support Hillary if she wins the nomination.￼
“Hillary supports unending wars of choice and would continue the Bush-Obama-Clinton agenda. More war, munitions, bodies, and coffins… from across the globe, for the corporate bottom line and on our dime.”
9. Sanders “foreign policy positions are to the right of many liberal Democrats. “Sanders voted in favor of George W. Bush’s original Authorization for Use of Military Force resolution that gave the administration a green light to launch the war on Afghanistan. While he did vote against Bush’s invasion of Iraq, he repeatedly supported funding resolutions for both U.S. occupations. He also… supports Israel consistently, even after (the) recent escalations of the slaughter of Palestinians in Gaza.”
Sanders’ backing of U.S. imperialism compromises his support for workers’ rights. For example, Sanders supports the basing of the new F-35 warplane at Burlington’s airport, despite the fact that the fighter-bomber’s ear-shattering noise made scores of working class housing unsafe for habitation.”
LIKE MANY leftists before him, the Democratic Party has co-opted and changed Bernie Sanders, using him to help hinder the development of a genuine alternative to the capitalist parties.
10. If what we want is a real leader who will shut down the endless wars, secure the peace, rebuild the nation, repair our schools and make it possible for us to export technology, education and peace instead of munitions, terror and war…
then vote for Jill Stein.
60% of Americans indicate they would support a third party.
So this needs to be said.
Jill Stein on Foreign Policy, End the Wars and Build the Nation
- End Israeli apartheid occupations and illegal settlements. (Oct 2012)
- Get tough policy has opposite effect of what was intended. (Oct 2012)
End trade embargo and travel ban on Cuba. (May 2012)
- Start holding all parties accountable in Israel/Palestine. (Jan 2012)
- US should behave as member of the world community, not as a world cop. (Dec 2011)
Some things to think about…
Put Jill in the Debates!
The Wordsmith Collection: Writing & Creative Arts
Please Donate for Literacy
This Page: https://thepeaceresource.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/us-presidential-election-2016–lets-put-the-cards-on-the-table/
Reblogged this on PROGRESSIVE ACTIVISTS VOICE.