Bernie talks the talk about equity, but votes for wars which prevent it.
The congressional record says Bernie votes for war. This cannot be unwritten.
“Bernie Sanders Voting Record Antithetical To His Purported Anti-War Stance”
“In spite of claims of being antiwar, his “hawkish” support of Clinton’s military actions in the 1999 Kosovo War caused one of his advisers to quit. When antiwar activists occupied Sanders’ office in 1999 because of that support of Clinton’s war policies, he had them arrested.”
~by Howard Linsoff | counterpunch
Sanders supported Bill Clinton’s war on Serbia, voted for the 2001 Authorization Unilateral Military Force Against Terrorists (AUMF), which pretty much allowed Bush to wage war wherever he wanted, backed Obama’s Libyan debacle and supports an expanded US role in the Syrian Civil War.
More problematic for the Senator in Birkenstocks is the little-known fact that Bernie Sanders himself voted twice in support of regime change in Iraq. In 1998 Sanders voted in favor of the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, which said: “It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime.”
Let Bernie’s record speak for itself:
1) Sanders unequivocally supports Israel and has supported Israel’s aggression against Palestine- Sanders supports full US military support of Israel;
2) Sanders supports an increase in Saudi Arabia’s attacks on Yemen;
3) Sanders supports the US Military Industrial Complex;
4) Sanders supported US attacks on Kosovo; Sanders argued passionately in favor of Bill Clinton’s “humanitarian” intervention which resulted in 78 straight days of bombing Yugoslavia and cost the lives of countless innocent civilians;
5) Sanders supports US attacks on ISIS and the entire narrative;
6) Sanders backed the buildup in the Persian Gulf during GHWB Gulf War;
7) Sanders supported sanctions in Iraq even as the Iraqi body count passed 1.5 million;
8) Sanders supported Bill Clinton when he sent military units to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia in October, 1994- Bernie supported this because “we cannot tolerate aggression.”
9) He supported US intervention in Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia, Liberia, Zaire (Congo), Albania, Sudan, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia;
10) Sanders has voted for appropriations bills to fund the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan;
Bernie is just another war guy