Hillary’s Hawkish War Stance Leaves Voters Wondering If Change Will Ever Come
Hillary Clinton’s record of supporting U.S. military interventions abroad about extraction, exploitation and war- profiteering… makes it clear that change may not be just around the corner.
WASHINGTON — No matter how much Hillary Rodham Clinton may have seemed to be a shoo-in for the Democratic Party’s nomination for president in 2016, her hawkish war stance probably kept voters away.
In a climate in which war-weary Americans are making their opposition to U.S. intervention and war profiteering heard, Clinton, who served in the U.S. Senate from 2001 to 2009 and as Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013,
has supported every major recent U.S. war and intervention.
- During her time as a senator from New York, Clinton voted in favor of the Patriot Act, a controversial piece of legislation due to concerns about civil liberty violations, including the indefinite detention of immigrants, and the expansion of law enforcement’s power to search homes, businesses, and electronic communications — often without a court order. Much like every other candidate, Clinton supports the United States’ traditional allies in the Middle East as well, like Saudi Arabia and Israel. She has also penned an opinion piece for the Washington Post, where she expressed her strong admiration for Henry Kissinger.
- Clinton, along with the majority of the U.S. Senate, supported the post-9/11 invasion of Afghanistan.
- The New York senator voted in favor of the 2002 Iraq War Resolution. This sent U.S. troops into Iraq, destroyed the country and created the chaos in the region today.
- Clinton introduced legislation in 2005 to increase the size of the U.S. Army by 80,000 soldiers due to difficulties the troop force was facing in Iraq.
- That same year, she helped to ensure that Manuel Zelaya, the democratically-elected president of Honduras, who was overthrown in a military coup in 2009, would not return to office. …
- In March 2011, Clinton supported the NATO attacks on Libya to aid rebels in their attempts to overthrow Moammar Gadhafi, which … led to Libya becoming the failed state that it is today.
- After becoming Secretary of State in 2009, Clinton supported Obama’s decision to send an additional 21,000 troops into Afghanistan.
- The secretary then supported greater contact with Free Syrian Army rebels in Syria and wanted to arm them.
- Clinton supported Israel’s attacks on Gaza last summer, which killed
over 2,300 people and left almost 500,000 displaced.
- More recently, she supported a bombing campaign against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS)…
When asked about moral scruples, Hillary the hawk’s response was:
“What difference, at this point, does it make?”
“What’s happening in Libya today is a crime: murder, rape, looting, chaos, a war of all against all. The perpetrator, the one key person who made all this possible, is a well-known personage in American politics, a former Secretary of State and the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination.”
What Hillary Clinton did to Libya is a crime on a scale rivaled only by the crimes of the Bush administration in Iraq – and there is a definite parallel in the methodology of the criminals.
Please Donate to help keep these Resources Online!
Thanks for supporting Alternative Media and Education
Contact Tim with questions
Please support Alternative Media and Education
and other real news resources…
Together we make a difference.
Thanks for all you do.
Join the Revolution!
Please Donate for Literacy and to keep this resource.