The Problem with Bernie Sanders
“In running for the Democratic presidential nomination as an outsider with almost no chance of winning, Sanders isn’t very “bold.”
His campaign offered no more hope than the fizzled presidential campaigns of Dennis Kucinich. And by steering liberal and left supporters into a Democratic Party whose policies and politics he claims to disagree with, Sanders — no matter how critical he might be of Hillary Clinton — is acting as the opposite of an “alternative.”
Hillary Clinton certainly did not regard Sanders as a threat. She knew the national election business follows the golden rule: whoever has more gold, wins. Clinton’s assets will overwhelm Sanders’s fundraising goals and his underdeveloped volunteer infrastructure. The secret is out, Bernie talks the talk but votes for war.
…Sanders admitted the truth in what was perhaps a Freudian slip:
“If I decide to run, I’m not running against Hillary Clinton. I’m running for a declining middle class.”
…We need to win the new left born out of Occupy, public-sector union struggles, and the Black Lives Matter movement to break with the Democratic Party and build an electoral alternative with the Green Party for Peace to represent the struggle.
Sanders’s campaign inside the Democratic Party is an obstacle to that project.”
Some Say Bernie is more of a Distraction than a Candidate
“STEPHANOPOULOS: So if you lose in this nomination fight, will you support the Democratic nominee?
So Bernie Sanders is not running against Hillary Clinton. The only way he could have had any sort of chance at the White house, would have been to have run as an independent, tell the truth about the cons on both sides of the corporate aisle, and run of, by and for the people. But “no, absolutely not.” He has been very clear about that.
1. “By tilting the race left on economic issues, Sen. Sanders will make Hillary Clinton a stronger candidate in the General Election.”
Instead of paying attention to Hillary Clinton’s hard-right stance and the disaster she caused in Libya, Bernie can help her position herself as a moderate… and we get endless-war president number six in the White House. That… or Donnie Trump, a 70 year old adolescent narcissist.
2. “And an argument can easily be made that Bernie’s entry into the contest for the Democratic nomination could be a blessing in disguise for Hillary.”
Bernie folded up his tent and is supported Hillary-the-Hawk.
3. When electing the next leader of the most powerful nation on the planet, we need to seriously consider our options.
I appreciate Bernie’s socialist stance, but he condones Israeli and American aggression. Bernie Sanders, while expressing disapproval, has never-the-less voted to support most of Obama’s military excursions, where we misuse U. S. troops to enforce corporate ambitions abroad.
“…His foreign policy positions are to the right of many liberal Democrats. Sanders voted in favor of George W. Bush’s original Authorization for Use of Military Force resolution that gave the administration a green light to launch the war on Afghanistan. While he did vote against Bush’s invasion of Iraq, he repeatedly supported funding resolutions for both US occupations. And while critical of some aspects of Israeli policy, Sanders has a less than stellar record on Palestine, even going as far as defending Israel’s right to “self-defense” during its bloody assault on the Gaza Strip last summer.Sanders’s backing of US imperialism compromises his support for workers rights. For example, Sanders supports the basing of the new F-35 warplane at Burlington’s airport, despite the fact that the fighter-bomber’s ear-shattering noise made scores of working-class housing unsafe for habitation.”
4. We know Bernie now supports Hillary. And Hillary Clinton has promised to attack Iran. Iran is backed by Russia and China, both armed with nuclear weapons. We do not need a trigger-happy president at this time, not with World War Three on the table.
.”Hillary supports unending wars of choice and would continue the Bush-Obama-Clinton agenda. More war, munitions, bodies, and coffins… from across the globe, for the corporate bottom line and on our dime.”
5. If what we want is a real leader who will shut down endless wars, secure the peace and rebuild the nation, we must forget about the cons on both sides of the aisle, ignore distractions… and vote for Jill Stein.
- All Jill Stein has to do is tell the truth. Americans, tired of endless war and jobs shipped overseas, are ready for the first woman to become our president. She can win hands down.
Thanks for supporting Alternative Media and Education
Contact Tim with questions
and other real news resources…
Together we make a difference.
Thanks for all you do.
Join the Revolution!
Please Donate for Literacy and to keep this resource.