Writing, Organizing, & Creative Arts
“Hope and Change” under Obama brought multiple wars-of-choice: avoidable and unnecessary conflicts based on corporate ambitions. This administration and congress have been spending trillions and killing millions, giving the corporate elite a free ride. While the Fortune 500 have absconded with everyday working peoples’ jobs and income, American infrastructure has been seriously degraded. We need to shut down avoidable corporate wars and repair and restore rails, roads, bridges, networks, communities, libraries, schools, parks and more.
“If we shut down wars for profit… and invest in American schools and infrastructure, we can secure the peace and create a sustainable future. If we abolish the death penalty, implement universal non-profit health care and restore habeas corpus… we can begin to move forward. But right now, Obama, Trump and history are on thin ice. Too much fear-mongering, compromising with criminals and surrendering to the corporate elite (TPP) have bankrupted the nation and this spiraling decline will continue.”
Studious ignorance and pretense are not strong foundations for a future. Trump, Bush, Clinton, Obama and Sanders are 5 peas in the war pod.
Barack Obama has never been on our side. He refused to secure the peace. He supports murders of prisoners at home and the misuse of the CIA and our military to destabilize, attack, invade, and/or occupy and exploit sovereign nations and people abroad who pose no threat to America or her people. Our exploitation, extraction, and extortion of smaller and less powerful nations must not continue. We are running out of time.
Obama is a war criminal and corporate tool who should have long since been impeached, indicted, sentenced and jailed for his crimes. Anyone who believes otherwise is in denial. And Trump the chump will soon be in charge. At least this will get people to take off their blinders and face facts.
1. We’ve been at war in Afghanistan for almost a full decade.
2. We’ve been at war in Iraq for nearly as long.
3. We’re at war in Pakistan and have been since 2004. We are currently killing innocents who pose no threat with illegal drones which have been documented to kill an average of 50 innocents per strike.
4. We’re at war in Yemen.
5. We have ongoing CIA and Naval war Games staged in Iran.
6. We have ongoing CIA hostilities, in coordination with Columbia, against Venezuela.
8. We are at war in Nigeria
9. We are at war in Algeria
10. We are at war in Somalia, running training camps and hosting eight Predator drones, eight more F-15E fighter jets, and nearly 2,000 U.S. troops and military civilians at a base in neighboring Djibouti.
11. The U.S. is targeting Communist insurgents in the Philippines
12. And the USA, by proxy, is at war in Gaza… a “war” against civilians in hospitals, schools, churches, aid stations and homes. 80% of the dead are not military targets…. and the IDF army, navy and air force are dropping munitions on barely-armed people in an open-air prison, where poor people have been barricaded and held hostage for years.
All of these wars are violations of the War Powers Act and unconstitutional. Only congress can declare war. None of these conflicts involve people or nations which pose a threat to America. And Obama and Trump remain on this same sordid page.
Afghanistan, Algeria, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Gaza, Gulf of Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Tunesia, Uganda, Ukraine, West Bank, & Yemen.
Since taking office Obama has bombed TEN Sovereign NATIONS, more than any of his predecessors since World War Two. These bombings violate International Treaties, U. S. Civil Law, The War Powers Act and Constitutional Mandates. We have deployed troops, attacked, bombed, or used illegal drones against these nations. We were not attacked.
And Trump is no solution… we need Revolution.